Google Cloud Print allows you to print from the Google Chrome web browser to existing printers that are connected to a Windows or Mac computer. Google Cloud Print can print to either a Cloud Ready printer that can connect directly to the Internet or a classic printer that is plugged into a Windows or Mac computer with Internet access. Follow the steps below using a home computer to set up a Google Cloud Print.
Connect a Cloud Ready printer
If your printer is Cloud Ready, follow your manufacturer's provided instructions or see setup information for Cloud Ready printers.
Connect a classic printer
To connect your classic printer, enable the Google Cloud Print connector using a Windows or Mac computer that's connected to the printer. You'll need Google Chrome to be installed on the computer.
Once Google Chrome is installed, follow the steps below to enable the Google Cloud Print connector in Google Chrome.
- Turn your printer on.
- Log in to your user account on the Windows or Mac computer.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Type chrome://devices on the address bar and press Enter.
- Under "Classic Printers," click Add printers.
- In the "Printers to register" section, select the printer you want to share, then click Add printer(s).
- To check if your printer was added, click Manage your printers.
Sharing your Printer
To let someone else print from this printer, or to print from this printer on a Chromebook, you’ll need to share the printer. Learn how to share your printer.